This recipe is a much more complex sandwich, yet incredibly tasty. Inspired by PBJ.LA – a noble innovator in the world of sandwiches.
- Bread & Butter:
- 2 long slices of wheat levain
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Peanut Butter Mix:
- 4 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon of instant espresso powder
- 1 small pinch of salt (optional)
- Jam Mix:
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon finely grated dark chocolate
Note: You may need to adjust the ratios depending on the size of your slice of bread. We are shooting for a 5 : 3 ratio of Peanut Butter Mix to Jam Mix. This recipe should make you notice each ingredient and taste all the distinct flavors with each bite.
- Mix the peanut butter, espresso, and hazelnuts together well and taste for flavor. Depending on the bitterness of the hazelnuts, add a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the raspberry jam with the dark chocolate.
- To avoid any melting of the peanut butter or jam, fry the bread in a pan over high heat with butter for a perfect crisp on both sides, then let it sit for a moment to cool.
- Once the bread has had some time to cool, spread the peanut butter on one half and jam on the other. The bread should bring up the temperature of the ingredients slightly.
- If you get the feeling that it requires additional heat, place the finished sandwich in the cooling pan with a lid for one minute.
- If any sandwich benefits from a diagonal cut, it would be this one.
This sandwich boasts fantastic aromas that blend together, creating a collection of delightful flavors.